Safety and Security
Maslow’s theory defines the hierarchy of human needs by the following terms: Physiological needs, Safety, Sense of Belonging and Love, Self Esteem, Self-Actualization. Physical Safety is the second basic need of human. However it is not fully guaranteed to the people today. This society is becoming more dangerous with dreadful crimes and risk ignorance. Moreover, the big issues of this year are leakage of private information and the ferry disaster that simply shows our safety situations still in trouble. This year, the 4th CCDC seeks for design ideas that provide solutions for needs of safety as well as physical and emotional security
1. Registration :JUN.01.2014(Sun) - OCT.13.2014(Mon)
2. Design Submission : OCT.01.2014(Wed) - OCT.13.2014(Mon)
3. The First Judge : OCT.14.2014(Tue)
4. 2nd Presentation & Mentoring: OCT.17.2014(Fri)
5. Final Judge : OCT.31.2014(Fri)
6. Award & Exhibition Opening : OCT.31.2014(Fri)
*Foreigners presentation should be submitted in video format.
1. Registration Instruction
- Application fill-out includes title, team member information and name of guiding professor
- Registration is completed only after paying fees -
NH Bank (NongHyub Bank)
/ Shift Code : NACFKRSE
/ Branch Name : Seoul National University / 301-0102-0936-71
/ (Seoul National University ICD)
2. Design Submission Guideline
- Domestic applicants should turn in printed panel, digital and description.
- International applicants may submit only digital image and design description.
- One to three A1 size panel on 5mm thick white foam-board
- Panel should include; design purpose, concept description, image of final design - Posts must arrive BEFORE the submission deadline. Postal Address is:
International Co-Creative Design Competition Committee Department of Craft& Design,
GwanAk-gu, GwanAk-ro, 599, Seoul National University Republic of Korea, Seoul
Zip Code. 151-742
- Digital image must be over 300dpi in jpg or PDF format. - To firstname.lastname@example.org
- Document should be submitted in pdf format. The document should be no longer than 5 pages.
- The document should include; design purpose, design research summary, multidisciplinary activities, technological implementation plan, design concept and design image.
- To email@example.com
Gold medal - 1 team
Prize - Award + 5,000 $/team
Award will be given by the Korea Institute of Design Promotion (KIDP)
Silver medal - 1 team
Prize - Award + 3,000 $/team
Bronze medal - 2 teams
Award + 1,000 $/team
Finalist - 16 teams
Prize - Achievement Award